Pages

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

New School Year!!!

With a new school year comes new goals!  And what is rule #1 of goal making?  Accountability!  Having survived year #1 in a classroom my goals this year all surround expanding what I waded into last year.

#1 - Use Skype in some way to let my students explore the world around them.  Whether through a Mystery Skype or bringing in an expert in some way using Skype (or Google Hangout) to bring in someone from around the country (and globe) to collaborate with my class is something that I want to make happen.

#2 - Write here.  And get my students blogging.  I can't really expect them to constantly write if I can't do the same right?  So I lump those together.  More laptops in my room will mean that access isn't an issue anymore.  I don't want them to write long, drawn out essays each week but SOMETHING.  Any my goal is the same.  Whether its sharing something from my personal life, a good cheer for one of my favorite teams or better yet something educational my goal is a post a week.  It might be Saturday at 11:59 but thats the goal.

#3 - Use Augmented Reality.  And this one starts day 1 with how I want to welcome parents to our back to school night!  We are diving right into this one!

#4 - Let my students be the experts.  I talk too much.  I want to talk less.  Not teach less.  Talk less.

#5 - Have Fun.  How could I not really?  I have a fantastic job.  And how could I expect my students to want to be here if for some reason I don't?  And how could I want to be here if its not fun?

There are of course a hundred different goals that could be 6-105 but I will keep it at a nice 5 for now.  It IS the first day back.


No comments:

Post a Comment